AGV Pista GP Top Soleluna Qatar 2015 Helmet
AGV PISTA GP E2205 motorcycle helmet. Top of the range helmet for race use that provides superb levels of protection and ergonomics.
The Pista GP is the revolutionary new top of the range model. Developed in collaboration with Valentino Rossi and other riders from the World Championship Series, the Pista GP sets new standards in terms of protection and ergonomics and is the benchmark for professional race helmets.
The carbon fibre shell and the EPS internal components were optimised using FEM techniques (Finite Elements Analysis) to obtain an extremely high performance helmet in terms of size, light weight and protection. The result is a helmet that is significantly superior to the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1275 g (refers to MS size in the ECE 2205 version).
The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests.This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider’s head. Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Pista GP boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor.The fit of the Pista GP was developed using “Human Engineering” whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer’s head.
The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider’s head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitized internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads. The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Pista GP fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
RACE2 scratch resistant and anti-fog visor (4 layers) with wide field of vision, with 100% UV protection, suitable for Pinlock inserts and tear-off (that come as standard). Visor in compliance with the Class 1 optical standard, measuring up to 3.3mm thick.
- Sizes | cm (ECE 2205): XS | 53-54; S | 55-56; MS | 57-58; ML | 59-60; L | 60-61; XL | 61-62; XXL | 63-64
- Pay attention: the helmet comes with clear visor only. Other visors are sold separately.
- New visor mechanism in metal with swivel opening. Rapid visor release system requiring no tools and allowing the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds
- Visor Lock System (VLS) that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. The visor meets Class 1 optical standards with a thickness up to 3.3 mm
Exterior and Interior Shell:
- Inner EPS shell in 4 sizes
- External shell in CA (100% Carbon fiber) in 4 sizes
- Inside paddings: completely removable and washable
- Breathable, micro-perforated Lycra® crown pad with concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped in a single piece moulded around the contours of the rider’s head thanks to Rabbit System
- 3D Shalimar® cheek pads with multi-density foam. Inner liners covered by three patents. Possibility to customize cheek pads fit with the removable foam inserts.
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts hollowed into the shell and vents which direct air to the rider’s head
- Air intakes with protective metal frames and mesh are in the “always open” position. Racing plugs are available for bad weather
- Large rear spoiler optimised in a wind tunnel to maximise aerodynamic performance and ventilation, even at high speed. Spoiler designed to detach from the helmet in the event of an accident to increase passive safety
- Retention system: Double D
- Weight (ECE2205): 1275 g (+/- 50g) in MS size
S, M, L, XL
Thanks to a spring tilting system, it is very simple and intuitive to open and close the visor with only one hand. This characteristic differs the Ghost from the other open face helmets on the market equipped with simple goggle, mask, and standard elastic strap bands.
Ghost can be used in 4 different configurations: 1) equipped with the visor, the foam profile along the inner lower side of the visor, and the mask; 2) equipped with the visor and the mask, but without the foam profile of the visor; 3) equipped with the visor and the foam profile but without the mask; 4) equipped only with the visor, without the foam profile and the mask.
The shell is made of tri-composite material (fiber, carbon and kevlar) and is offered in two shell sizes, it is also available the full carbon version with the shell entirely made of carbon fiber.
An easy to mount and remove double Pinlock lens is included to prevent the visor from fogging up.